Shannon over at Minerva Turkey, (who is holding out on us with photos of her clapotis WIP!) tagged me for my first meme. The theme of the meme is 8 random things about yourself. Here goes!
8 Random Things About Moi:
1) Although I took French for a hundred years in school I was never very fluent nor ever able to use it conversationally. However, when I'm writing drafts of my blog posts I often think in French and have to constantly check myself to not include French words. I think it would come across as extremely pretentious.
2) At work I hate not being busy all the time. My work product coincides with the fiscal quarters of the year so I have down times in between that drive me nuts. But at home, I hate being busy. There is nothing more delicious to me than a weekend morning where I can contemplate on having absolutely nothing to do except what I want, like reading a book in front of the fireplace or knitting in the sun on my deck.
3) I didn't learn to drive until I was 26 years old and then I only drove once or twice a year when I would rent a car to visit family. I didn't start driving on a regular basis until I was 34, which was 5 years ago. I still can't parallel park and this keeps me from exploring LYSes in my region because they are usually located in dense town centers where you have to park on the street.
4) I like math a lot. Unfortunately my interest is far greater than my aptitude.
5) I hate vegetables. No matter how I have tried over the years I cannot develop a taste for hot, green food. I'll eat salad veggies but that is about it.
6) I have skydived twice. Both times it was tandem, which means I was attached to someone when I dove who did all the work. Both dives occurred in 2001. The first time I dove 10,000 feet in Rhode Island and the second time I dove 15,000 feet near the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Serendipity would have it that the guys who worked out of the RI dive center in summer worked out of the Florida dive center in winter. I went down with the same person both times.
7) I used to love gory movies. I couldn't get enough of it when I was a kid. I used to watch Quincy MD just waiting to see something gory but they never showed a thing. Now I can't stomach gore at all. Although I have gone through cycles where I was addicted to Law and Order and CSI: Las Vegas I can longer stomach seeing the things they show which I would have loved to have seen as a kid.
8) I love growing things but I have a black thumb when it comes to houseplants. I can kinda keep them alive for a little while but I can never make them thrive. Eventually, even if it takes a year or two, the plant will die.
Thanks for the tag, Shannon!