Skip to main content

Looking for inspiration once again...

With the kinks in Blueberry Moon just about ironed out, I've spent an inordinate amount of time stalling on getting the yarn for the Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran stole project. I tried to get to Wild and Woolly in Lexington, MA, which is listed as a retailer of the yarn. I was unsuccessful, they weren't open for the holiday. Pooh.

But that's not the whole of it. I don't think any LYS is going to have 15 balls of the color I want, and I know an online retailer will. So why am I dragging my feet? I think I've finally acknowledged to myself that I'm not ready for a 1,500 yard cable project, especially since the yarn is going to cost over $100. I feel a strong pressure to use up the yarn I purchased this summer before moving on to new projects.

Unlike most knitters I actually hate to stash yarn. I feel prisoner to all the unused yarn I've purchased in the past and never used. My stash is like a proverbial leaded ball and chain. So I've turned my attention to the stash of Cascade 220 Superwash I purchased at WEBS this summer. It's a beautiful, tweedy moss green.


And I've already swatched it up.


Last night I knit up some ideas garnered from one of the Barbara Walker stitchionaries I have signed out from the library. All except the last, a leaf pattern, were given up as undesirable, but I ran out of time last night to finalize anything. This morning I went through the sweater pattern section on Ravelry. I found some great sweaters but no project to match the feeling of this yarn.

Ravelry is a great resource for this. It was great to see how other knitters interpreted patterns, including the Jemima pattern by My Fashionable Life that inspired my Blueberry Moon design.

Comments

Minerva Turkey said…
I love the greeny color of that cascade. I am sure whatever you choose to make will be wonderful.