Maybe it's the barometric pressure, or too much political punditry in the air, but in the past week I've had knitting mush for brains. I'm closing in on a few things but I also feel like I'm getting no where. (I so wanted to add an "s" on that!)
Monday night, desperate for a new hat, I took out my needles, cast on eight stitches using Judy's magic cast on, and just knitted. I wasn't sure I was going to like what I came up with, but I needed an FO in this yarn, in the worst way. By Tuesday evening my mission was accomplished.
Because of the overal ribbing, and the width I chose to knit in, it fits like a cloche. I expect it to expand more after its first wash. I have a strong disinclinition for tight clothing, so hat sizing is always a gamble for me.
I'm in love with the striping going on as the hat's circumference increased. I just wish I could get the companion scarf to do that. After multiple tries last night, I had to give up. I'll get splotching at best, no striping.
Malabrigo worsted merino
Lime & Blue Colorway
Size US7 bamboo circs.
I just cast on eight stitches using JMCO and made eight increases every other row, using the increases to define the pattern. The pattern itself turned out to be a repeat of c2/p4/k2/p4, with at total stitch circumference of 112 stitches. I used a nine row cable repeat and staggered where I cabled every other cable.