Monday, March 31, 2008

Where is my mind?

For over a week now my knitting mojo has been MIA. MIA. MIA. MIA.

I think it evaporated once last month's siege of stress came to a close. I have been unable to count stitches for cast ons, for gussets, nor for anything knitting related, really. I have two projects still at the cast on stage after HOURS spent attending to them Friday afternoon and evening, and a small part of Saturday. I have never made this big a mess of casting on and frogging for as long as I can remember.

So what was the commotion about? Moebius's or Mobius's, take your pick of the spelling. I thought I would try the free Mobius pattern Cat Bordhi has on her website. Well, it turns out it's only free if you already own a copy of her very unique cast on instructions, known as mobius cast on MCO). Even with a printout of the directions from her Knitty Gritty episode on DYI, I grew very petulant towards Ms. Bordhi and her CO from hell the more I spent time on it.

With the hope of rectifying this pattern crisis, I hit two LYSes Saturday afternoon with the ultimate goal of getting a copy of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Around, which among many other great things, has a moebius pattern. I had no luck, and though most certainly disappointed, I found something to sooth:


I didn't stop to register the name of this Lorna's Laces colorway but these skeins are soft and sproingy and mine, mine, mine, all mine! Maybe another Digitessa sock?

6 comments:

Nell said...

EZ is definitely hard to come by. But I love that you found a way to soothe yourself! Hopefully work calms down a little more and you get your mojo back.

Shannon said...

I vote for another pair of the Digitessa socks. They are so wonderful, and your white pair took my breath away!

blog-blethers said...

Hope your knitting mojo and clarity return soon. It happens to us all at times, doesn't it? I spent hours trying to get 211 cast on at the weekend too!

KNITSABELLA said...

That Lorna's Lace's color is lovely. It's so serene. As for your Moebius, I'm completely useless - the only Moebiuses I know anything about are the topological kind!

KNITSABELLA said...

And of course I forget to include the most important part of the comment - if your LYS search doesn't work out, Knitting Around is available on Amazon and half.com :)

Knitting Kris said...

Well, now that yarn should soothe most things....it's so gorgeous!
Doesn't Wollmeise have a Moebius pattern? I think she will even recommend colors for you if you wish from her stash.....I'm not sure. If you're interested, you can check her website
www.wollmeise-yarnshop.de

 

© 2006-2014 | All Rights Reserved | two knits of ivory | Morticcia