Skip to main content

Yarn Whore and More (Yahn whohah en Mohah)


ESE_1258b

It seems like I've stopped treading water and am know swimming somewhere. Where, I don't know, but a place other than where I am at. Metaphysically speaking.

(I just looked up metaphysically and metaphysics on www.m-w.com and I'm not sure it's the right word. It feels right, though, so I'm sticking with it.)

I feel impelled to blog, to take hold of the moment, to remain someone who is doing something, rather than someone who is weathering something.

Above is a lovely skein of Madtosh sock in the Fragrant colorway. (One of my WEBS purchases.) I picked up a couple of skeins of the colorway in her Vintage line that just screamed my name. Unfortunately my photos do not capture their magic.

A few weeks ago I saw a photo of a WIP in a fellow knit blogger's Flickr photostream, Peaknit. OMG! To die for project in such a beautiful medley of pea and teal greens and blues. Her rav project page noted she was undecided if the WIP was for her or to be Christmas gifted. I added my two cents (selfish knitting all-the-way!)

There was a note of wistful forlorn in her response to my directive that struck a chord with me. Her response:

"p.s. I agree - for me :) Who else do I know, on my list, that would appreciate a knitted gift? I have no knitters on my list :( "

"I have no knitters on my list :(" This can be both a good thing and a bad thing, a figurative double edged sword. If I had knitters on my list I might be impelled to knit for them in a competitive fashion. And I would loathe that just a tiny percentage more than I would enjoy it. Yet, being a lone star knitter is lonely. No matter how much I enjoy being a bubble unto myself, when I spend a few, rare moments sharing my interest in knitting and yarn with a like-minded person, it is awesomesauce.

Life is a rose with thorns. But still! A rose? A rose.


ESE_0940d