Skip to main content

Congealed...


Yesterday afternoon I bought yarn, came home, organized it and some other yarn I purchased over the last month, bagged it, caked some of it, and finally took a moment's rest on the couch.

Five hours later I woke up. Surprisingly, I wasn't too cranky. Really. Not too cranky. It was a small miracle. Hubby went upstairs early to bed, taking the animals with him, giving me space and time to commune with my knitting in a way that has not happened in a good long time.

My knitting life is backed up. It needs to be aired. Without momentum it's devolving into a congealed mess, a failed alchemical trial that is clogging my subconscious, caking up the gears of my existence. I wish this wasn't just 10 to 25 per cent hyperbole.

One mystery has finally been solved. Eight billion left. Lemme share this one, as it may effect some knitters. I purchased seven skeins of some beautiful limited edition sock yarn (Storm Studies #35) from Sundara a couple of weeks ago and once again the product that showed up had none of the charm of the original photo. As has happened repeatedly, the photos on the web are bleached out compared to what I eventually receive. When for a brief moment my photo editing mojo returned I inadvertently generated evidence to give my theory weight. The first photo below has much of soul of what I was looking for, a pale blue/pale steel variegation:

A study in storms

That was what I wanted. What came in the mail last Thursday was predominately charcoal grey, with only minor blue hints:


A study in storms

There's not much for a knitter to do but live and learn. Luckily, Sundara takes back LE yarn. I will of course keep a couple skeins for stashing and was lucky to have found a better yarn for the project I had in mind for the Sundara.

Viva la yarn, viva la knitting.