Skip to main content

Something to say...

The question is do I really have something to say? The answer? Questionable. Is it worth saying? The answer? Questionable.

But there is yarn.

ESE_4256b
Madtosh DK in Badlands


But then there's always yarn, amirite? (We have a new kitty who actually likes hanging out with us humans. His name is Isaak. He loves yarn, too.)

I think the problem is I have too much to say. So my best bet when I'm overwhelmed is to break things down. So what's interesting about my knitting lately?

1) I found two new yarns I just love to death;
2) I've been extremely FO successful now that I've put down the law on having only one project on the needles at any given time; and
3) I've been struggling with making my knit design ideas flesh.

So the new yarns? OMG! I finally found a solid yarn that I want to knit. It's a fairly new regional yarn company called Quince & Co. The line I've knit with is their worsted line called Lark. Here's a prototype sock I designed:

ESE_4159c
colorways Carrie's Yellow, Twig, & Glacier


This sock knit up faster than you can say Carrie's Yellow.

ESE_4159.2


Anyhoo, the yarn is labeled as American wool, and it's the first 100% non-merino wool I've knit in a long time that my hands have just fallen deeply in love with. It has the most cushy, sticky touch. Not a candy apple sticky, mind you. More like what a Spiderman sticky would be, if Spiderman was, like, real. It's dense and cushion-y and sticky. Oh yeah, I'm sure Quince is gonna run right out and hand me a fat contract to run their PR.

I just finished a Pup's Tent Hat with some more Lark. The recipient loves it:

ESE_4618c
colorway Peak's Ferry


Now I'm knitting fingerless mitts for a second colleague.