Monday, July 30, 2007
This is my very first FO for the blog. That is, it's the very first piece begun and finished upon my starting this blog last month. So let's get to my first in-depth wrap up.
Summer Set by Classic Elite Yarns in Dune Grass
64% Cotton, 19% Alpaca, 12% Polyester, 5% Lyocel
Just a pinch more than seven (7) 50 gram balls at 95 yards per ball, or approximately 680 yards.
Suggested gauge 5 stitches per inch on size 7 needles. My gauge was 4.2 stitches per inch on size 8 needles.
As noted above I used size 8 needles on the body. For the trim I used varying sizes. I used size 5 needles on the the sleeve trim, and size 6 needles on the body trim, button band, and neck trim.
In my first draft of the button band what I knit and sewed up looked like this:
Part of the problem was the loose buttons, but part also was button location. I resewed the buttons so that they were right of center and my end result was much more satisfactory:
The finished object (FO!)
I used a basic top down knitting technique. The pointelle design was made by incorporating k2togs and yarnovers every six stitches. The pointelles were offset every other 10 rows.