Skip to main content

Never underestimate the power of a good whine...

I am a narcissist. A real one, like textbook real. My narcissism doesn't conform to the textbook definition, as well it shouldn't; personality disorders aren't one size fits all.

So, with an "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality, I do spend considerable time performing mental gymnastics to make said narcissism less, well, narcissistic.

It does make sense. It does.

So Friday and Saturday I had a ferocious need to finish up my first Clothilde. It came out beautiful in the last of my Sundara Sport. I told myself that as soon as this was done I'd finish up the last bit of my Christmas knitting.

Midnight Moon Clothilde


Midnight Moon Clothilde

This is what happened after I finished washing and blocking the Clothilde:

Strange Fruit Clothilde



Strange Fruit Clothilde

And I did it with a chuckle, instead of disapprobation.

A woman's gotta knit what a woman's gotta knit.

I think part of my problem is that there is too much blue in my knitting basket. The original Clothilde and the Christmas socks are both blues. I chose the warmly edible hues of Strange Fruit for contrast. I think it worked because sometime yesterday afternoon, I had the urge to put the Clothilde down and take up the Christmas knitting. No longer am I a toe short of one sock as I was in the morning when I took progress shots:


Indian Rib

I began the second sock last night and I feel I just may be focused enough to finish it up this week.

My whiny selfishness has been foiled, once again. (Hopefully I won't be eating these words in a day....)