Skip to main content

Air

I've heard through the grapevine the weather may be turning. I've been a prisoner of the heat and humidity for about a month. One month of freon filtered air can make a woman batty. So yeah, a few weeks of staying late in bed on Saturday and Sunday have been fun, but I am more than ready for the next phase of life: Fall.

Malabrigo Sock Primavera

The name of this Malabrigo sock colorway is Primavera, which according to Merriam Websters derives from the Italian as "in the style of springtime." Me, I see the colors of Fall. (Even though I have named the project I'm knitting with it "Shetland Printemps," I think my subconscious has determined it is a bastardization of the word Printemps, which means Spring in French. What it's bastardizing I have no clue; the muse hasn't let me in on this secret.)


Malabrigo Sock Primavera

Malabrigo Sock Primavera

The only plans I have for the weekend are building my KOC kingdom, knitting, sitting and breathing natural-ish air, and finally, but not leastly, becoming intimately acquainted with this year's favorite movie, The White Ribbon.

Odd, unnecessary fact: This was the first movie I have seen alone in 10 years. It is the first movie I went to all by my self in maybe 15 or 20 years.