Skip to main content

Drooling...

The other day I was on Ravelry doing my thing and realized that maybe I should spend a little time seeing what other people were doing. I began my poking with a search on Jo Sharp Silkweed Aran yarn, that yarn I made my Steely Winter Set out of.

I might not have made clear how in love with this yarn I am. It feels like heaven knitting. It feels like heaven once it's knit.


A Ravelry member named Andrea is using this yarn on a hibernating project from the Fall issue of Interweave Knits.


Dos_Cable_Shrug1
Originally uploaded by andrea_murley



This project, or type of project would be perfect for me. I love cables, the Silkwood Aran would look beautiful cabled, and the yarn would make a very warm and cozy shawl which I need since my work cube is freezing year round. I think I could design a beautiful shawl in the icy baby blue shade of empire.

Question is do I wait to buy the yarn until I finish some projects or do I splurge now. Since I'll have to buy this yarn on line, I think I'll wait. I just hope waiting doesn't get me burned.

OOOh I love this yarn!

Comments

Minerva Turkey said…
WOW, that is a great pattern. I cannot wait to see how it turns out. I may have to give that one a try too.