Skip to main content


The cabled shrug project has definitely taken hold. So much so I put the labor in Labor Day this weekend, I wrapped up two outstanding projects, my Rowan Cashsoft Shawl and my burgundy cable afghan. Yipee!

Both projects were begun with a great deal more enthusiasm than was present as I finished them up yesterday. I loved how quick the afghan worked up using two strands of the Paton's Classic Merino yarn. The stitch definition looked far more cohesive than I originally thought. It will look good with the Armoire quilt I purchased for the soon-to-be renovated guest bedroom.

The Rowan Cashsoft Baby DK yarn I used for my first shawl is a beautiful yarn but it was difficult to work with on the bamboo needles I prefer. As I have discussed in a previous post once I put the project on the lone pair of addi turbo needles I own I quickly found it much easier to work with. It is a gorgeous yarn, and supposedly machine washable, but I'll probably never use it again. So glad this is done.

Now I'll have more time to work on what has morphed into a cabled stole. Double yipee!


Shannon said…
Wow, you have been busy. These look awesome!
HobbygÃ¥sa said…
Lovely work, and what a job! Thank you for nice comments in my blog, and yes I do use white sugar in my bananacake.The yarn I am using on the green socks are "Silja" from a Norwegian producer Gjestal Spinneri. Have a nice day!