Skip to main content

This week in socks part deux...

I finished a second pair of socks this weekend! (Well, technically Monday, but it was a 3 day weekend for me.)


I was able to start the yarn on the second sock at near the same spot as the first so the striping matches quite well. Unfortunately this Schachenmayr Nomotta Regia Silk self striping sock yarn has major, major flaws. The second ball was crap and crap in a big way.

Not only was the intensity of the color on the second sock washed out, there are numerous spots where the dark colors leach into the lighter colorways, and on top of that more times than not the yarn had undyed sections where one color transitioned into the next. There's no way I can gift these now and I'm not happy about it.


I was, however, very glad to get these done. Having three socks on needles at the same time was an exercise in stress for me. I hope to never do it again. I think one of each type of project, sweater, scarf, and sock, is well and good for me, but not more than one similar project. I really felt more knitting pressure than pleasure.

I haven't written a wrap up in a bit so I might as well get back on the bandwagon.

Yarn
Schachenmayr Nomotta Regia Silk in the 190 colorway
55% Merino, 25% Polymide, 20% Silk
Probably about 1 and 1/2 balls or 327 yards

Needles
I alternated between 7" bamboo and 5" rosewood DPNs both of which were size US1.

Pattern
Basic sock pattern

Comments

Minerva Turkey said…
Wonderful socks!! I love how the colors play together.