Skip to main content

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Heheheh. My life is filled with little sayings like that. Family sayings. My family is pretty far away from me physically, as well as psychologically. These phrases bring me back into their fold for a moment.

It is a very sweet moment.

ESE_2174b
Sundara Sock August 2011 LE


I just looked up the word "aphorism," as that was what came to mind first when I opened the "new post" window on Blogger. I'm feeling very partial to Merriam Websters #2 definition:

2 : a terse formulation of a truth or sentiment : adage

In my book the value of an aphorism is in it's sentimental brevity. And speaking of brevity, one of my favorite Dorothy 'Dot' Parker quotes is "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Fuck, what a line that is.


ESE_1936c
Shibui Knits Staccato in the Kitchen colorway


So I downloaded a free PDF program and I think I know how to use it. It's only a matter of time, albeit maybe a long time, but just time in and of itself, nonetheless, before I dip my fat big toe into the waters of pattern self-publishing.