Skip to main content

SHE

SHE really needs a new name but nothing is coming to me.

ESE_2557b


I shot a buncha photos of her this weekend but none turned out to be that money shot, the shot that captures her verve.

ESE_2532


She goes to the judges this weekend. It'll be hard to part with her.

ESE_2506



Project Stats:

I cast on December 2, 2011. I cast off August 18, 2011. According to the scale, weighing the leftover yarn, the project used approximately 1,778 yards of the sport weight Madelinetosh Pashmina yarn in the colorway Filigree.

I used size US8s/5.00mm Knit Picks harmony wood needles for the project, with the exception of first few rows after casting on. With that I used US4s/3.5mm.

The yarn is a dream to knit, the pattern was super easy to follow. The pattern is Evenstar from designer Susan Pandorf. I used the charted sections mainly and don't recall having a problem at any point other than when deciding which Evenstar motif to use. She provides a swatching sample in the pattern that I found very useful.

ESE_2502


The only mod to the pattern I made was reducing the number of rows in the beginning PI sequences. I think the PI formula is that you double the number of work even rows in between the increase rows. Aesthetically, I wasn't too fond of those wide concentric stockinette rings. Psychologically, I just couldn't wait to begin the lace pattern.


ESE_2525b


The question still remains on whether I will knit this again. Right now the answer seems like a Hell Yeah! But, we'll see.