Skip to main content

Bibbidy Bobbity Boo

The congealed mess that is my mind and craft desires sieving. Can sieving be a verb? It can. It says so much more than sift. Sift is for feathery, weightless, white powder flour. Sieved feels more appropriate for the act of clarifying the chunky monkey that is my congealessence.

Don't forget to breathe, the latter is not a word.

I'm not knitting during the week anymore. Or barely. I don't have the time and I mourn it's absence.

I finished the little project I started a week ago Sunday:


ESE_0253c


It's a flat swatch of the in-the-round Rivendell pattern by Susan Pandorf (rav link has better pics). The top half has some mods. I tried out a few borders, starting with five stitches of moss, and ending with two six-stitch cable variations.


ESE_0230


It is a gloriously architectural pattern. Aptly named. I bought the yarn specifically for this project, which I envisioned being a large, wide, rectangular scarf rather than the cowl of the original pattern. This was the replacement yarn, as the Sundara Storm Studies was my original choice.

This yarn, however, has now been repurposed with the desire to knit this as a rectangular scarf remaining vibrantly intact. Even having to twist some purls on the purl side isn't a deterrent. This yarn wants to be a sweater and who am I to tell it no?

ESE_0235b


The yarn is Berocco's Ultra Alpaca. I absolutely adore the heathery shades in which it comes. If the sweater works out I think I may have found a new manna for my finicky sweater habit.